Monday 13 August 2007

Welcome To My Blog


As I know you will deduce as soon as you read my first article, it is not my intention to write pro v. con pieces; rather, I will be giving my honest views on topics.This is not to say that I am going negative or over to the “Dark Side”, rather I am trying to get a debate going on the issues in which, I believe, we in the risk community are interested and in which I have decided opinions - risk appetite, prudential lending and investment, current trends in risk products and the pitfalls that face us.

Think of me, as my friend Socrates would say, "as a sort of gadfly ... stirring you to life" - after all, if it was good enough for the Athenians .... :-) !

I am looking forward to you providing counter-points to my views, to which I and others will try to give you what I hope will be well thought-out responses. In doing so I hope to succeed in my central aim – creating a new environment for wide-ranging discussions on risk.

Wish me luck and please contribute!

Cassandra

No comments: